World Wide Institutes primary aim is to uplift the standard of Spoken English and Performing Arts among students. World Wide Institute of Speech and Drama reserves the right to refuse any entry without assigning reason.When students who joined with us, They improve their knowledge of pronunciation and intonation and They will improve their communication skills. Our Examinations in speech and allied subjects are,
World Wide Institutes primary aim is to uplift the standard of Spoken English and Performing Arts among students.Our Examinations in speech and allied subjects are,Spoken English ( from 2 ½ years ), Written English ( from 3 years ), Speech and Drama, Interview Techniques, Public Speaking and Reading for Performances. We organizing the Festival Performing Arts for Students. Activities for amateurs which we provide are,
- Submission of an entry implies agreement by the Performer / Teacher / Parent / Guardian to abide by these Rules and Regulations.
- The Festival is open to all amateurs in a minimum age 3 and over, who conform to the definition of the amateur status
- World Wide Institute of Speech and Drama reserves the right to refuse any entry without assigning reason.
- The Festival will be held at Colombo, Kandy, Negombo, Nuwaraeliya, Matara, Galle, Ratnapura, Kurunegala, Trincomalee, Baticaloa, Puttalam, Mannar and Jaffna. ( in Sri Lanka )
- The Festival will be held at any center in Sri Lanka only if the number of entries is over 150.
- The Festival will be held at all the states in India
- The Festival will be held at any center in India if the number of entries is over 400
- The decision of the adjudicator will be final and no correspondence could be entered at any point to the decision.
- All entry forms should be handed to the organizing committee on or before closing date with the full entry fee ( paid in cash to the bank). Late entries will not be accepted under any circumstances
- Substitution of a competitor for one who has entered but cannot complete is not permitted. Competitors are permitted to perform only once in any class
- A participant could enter for two or more competitions of different disciplines
- A participant could enter a higher class than his / her age. But not a lower class than his / her age.
- All numbers cards will be dispatched one month prior to the exam. Teachers should collect them from the regional officer or they should pay Rs. 200/= extra for courier service
- If there are omissions or errors in the admission or program it should be brought to the notice of the organizing committee two weeks prior to the festival via Email on – firstname.lastname@example.org or on +94 767 830 806, +94 702 16 14 16. Changes to the program will be done at any of the regional centers or via telephone. Name changes in the certificates will cost Rs. 200/=.
- Performance – competitors should be present at the center prior to the time stated in the card. Once a name has been called to perform, it is deemed to be the final call. Late comers will not be allotted another time. It is essential that the performer wears the badge. ( The name card )
- An All Island final event will be held in Colombo – Sri Lanka. All India finals will be held in Chennai. All finalists will receive a special certificate
- British International Festival of performing arts international competition will be held in Sri Lanka and India once a year. The students of both countries will compete for the international festival
- Once the first exam fee is paid the finalist will not pay for the state level but they had to pay the relevant amount for the international competitions
- Uncontested finalists will receive their awards at finals, but they will not be performing at the finals
- Teachers who win the highest number of Gold Medals will be given a special award at the Final Festival
- The time limit for each class is shown in the syllabus and this must be strictly adhered to. The performance will be stopped by the ringing of a bell if the time limit has exceeded
- Photographer, Video and Audio recording is prohibited at the Festival. An official photographer will be available at the entrance counter for the parents and teachers to make their own arrangement with the photographer
- Admission of Parents and Will Wishers entrance will be by purchasing a program priced at Rs. 500/= per head. Parents to purchase separate programs for each session. A full day pass would be Rs. 350/=. Entrance for the Final Festival will be by program price at Rs. 500/= per head
- Entry fees will not be refunded under any circumstances
- Please note that the fees given for the Duo / Trio / Group are for each individual participant
- Students cannot perform in their school uniforms
- The decision of the committee, in all matters arising out of, or not specifically covered in these Rules and Regulations, is final
Mrs. Nilrukshi Foenander has been working as an examiner in speech and allied subjects at Institute of Western Music and Speech Sri Lanka and also at New Era Academy London.
The class is tailored for students who are interested in developing their advanced skills in English Drama. Audition will also be opened for applicants who have not gone through the previous training. Students will be eligible to take the Speech and Drama Solo examination.
from 5 years
Life challenges us to become aware of the stories that shape us—family stories, cultural mythologies, even popular movies, television shows, and songs—and then create and live our own story. We face this challenge throughout our lives but perhaps most acutely as we move into adulthood; this is the period when we most need to become conscious of stories and their power, and to gather practices and resources for finding our own story. This class, designed with seniors in mind, will explore how great stories and your own storytelling can help you reflect deeply about what truly calls to you in this life.
from 5 years
+94702 16 14 16 /+94775 21 14 16 - Sri Lanka
+91 98 843 629 997 - India
No 52,Universal City II,
R.C. Little Wing Apartment,
37/2, Alex Nagar,
Main Road, Door - A- Left Wing, Madhawaram,
Milk Colony, Chennai,
600051 Tamil Nadu,India